Friday, January 20, 2012

Brew Day!

It's been over 7 months since my last brew. Finally with all my additions I am ready to go to all grain 5 gallon batches. The two I made today were a Red Hook ESB clone and a Firestone Walker Double Barrel clone. Here are some pictures of how the brew day went....

New brewery setup.





Grains ready for some hot water!



MMMM, smells good.



Recirculating the wort to clear it out.



Getting ready for the boil.



Took about 8 hours from start to finish to brew both beers. I'm really happy with the setup I have so far. Much easier than trying to boil and mash on my electric stove.

I will have to see how they turn out. Both had low starting gravities so my cooler may not be as efficient as I hoped. I'll probably brew another batch in two weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment